15 February 2011

Day #3: Adam

Yesterday I was thinking about this project and it occurred to me that one of the most difficult things about the project will be the choosing of the names. I'm of the opinion that good design is, in a big way, all about good content, and so being a good curator of the material at hand becomes a valuable skill to be pursued. Therefore the choosing of the names presents a series of dilemmas: who? in what order? system? no system? based on relationship? based on who I was thinking of when I sat down to do it?

The last option seemed the most exciting to me, but then I remembered that I have a real tendency toward meta-cognition and so I'd sit down and try to think of a name, second guess myself over and over and then in the end have a whole cornucopia of names sprawled out in front of me – so:

I'm starting with close relations and working my way out from there. That being said, if a name presents itself to me in some clear way, then I will use that one. I won't be making it clear, however, who these people are. Maybe comments on the blog will make it clear who they are, and that's fine, but all I'm putting up are names and colors.


2 comments:

Kunnari said...

who the hell is adam?

scott hendric said...

Adam is my first good friend. He and I met when we were in nursery school and remained good friends up through junior high. We then went to different high schools and fell out of contact after that. I posted his name because I had a dream about him the other night, which was unusual.