13 February 2011

100 DAYS – Day #1

I guess I've been on a Michael Bierut kick lately – but that's probably because he's awesome.

Here's a post by Michael Bierut about a design project that he does with his students at Yale in which he asks each of them to do the same design operation every day for 100 days. The results are interesting, so I've decided to try it.

My project?

Manually* typeset, in 72 pt. Helvetica Medium, the first name of someone I know and choose a colour according to what I know of that person's personality. The format for every entry will be 4 × 5.

I may not post every entry on here, but I'll at least post one periodically.

Day #1: Hank





























*By "manually" I mean letterspace and kern the letters point-by-point as vector shapes in Illustrator as opposed to just simply typing them.

2 comments:

jack. said...

please post every day. i'd like to see 'em.

carolsong said...

Dad is impressed you picked him first! He's surprised e is blue. I'm not. Anyway, I vote you post them all too